Oscar A. Herasme, Of Counsel
Oscar A. Herasme represents companies in the financial services industry on state and federal compliance and enforcement matters, including anti-money laundering, risk control, permissible investments, licensing and other regulatory issues. Oscar also provides counsel to clients on a variety of corporate matters, such as the development of Sarbanes-Oxley policies and procedures, consumer privacy, correspondent agreements and transactional due diligence.
Oscar previously presided as president and general counsel of a leading anti-money laundering compliance and transaction-monitoring firm based in New Jersey, served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division at the New York County District Attorney’s Office in Manhattan, and as legal counsel to the New York State Assembly Sub-Committee on Banking for Immigrants.
Oscar has served as a speaker and panelist at conferences focusing on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the U.S.A. PATRIOT Act, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and domestic and international anti-money laundering practices and procedures. He has also written and presided over seminars on related topics including 314(b) information sharing, wire transfer travel rules, risk assessments, and compliance programs.
- Banking Law
- Anti-Money Laundering Risk Control
- Financial Regulations
- Business Transactions
- Pace University (NY), B.A. – Economics, 1990
- University of Wisconsin School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review
- Moot Court Honor Society
- President – Student Bar Association
- State of New York
- U.S. District Courts of the Eastern District of New York and Western District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association – Task Force on Gatekeeper Regulations and the Profession (2015 – 2019)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS®)